Current affairs are everyday events that occur all over the world. They are an essential component of competitive government exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, railway, UPSC, etc. It always pays off to be up to date on global events.
We are here to provide you with monthly current affairs to make sure you are fully prepared for any upcoming exams. To receive daily practice problems and quizzes, follow our Telegram Channel and WhatsApp Group.
The following are the current affairs for June related to sports, politics, science, entertainment, important days, events, and national and international news.
- Jodie Foster is to be honored with Palme d’Or at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival.
- Pakistan holds military exercise ‘Taskheer-e-Jabal’ in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- African Union suspends Mali after military coup & threatens sanctions.
- World Bicycle Day is celebrated on June 3.
- Indian Council of Medical Research, ICMR has approved a second home-based Rapid Antigen Test kit named “PanBio COVID-19”.
- Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Division Chicago, developed this kit.
- Earlier, ICMR had given its approval to the “CoviSelf test kit,” which was developed by Pune-based Mylab Discovery Solutions.
China successfully launched its first satellite of a new generation meteorological satellite into the planned orbit.
If you are thinking of attempting SSC CGL, here is A Beginner’s Guide to SSC CGL
, which includes the exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, vacancies, etc.
NITI Aayog released the third edition of the Sustainable Development Index for 2020-2021, evaluating the progress of states and Union Territories concerning social, economic, and environmental parameters.
- This satellite, named Fengyun-4B (FY-48), will be used for weather analysis, environmental and disaster monitoring.
- Fengyun-48, this satellite was launched by Long March-3B rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan Province.
US House of Representatives has reintroduced bipartisan legislation to eliminate the per-country cap on the employment-based green card.
- In the index, Kerala has retained the top rank with a score of 75.
- Bihar, Jharkhand, and Assam were the worst performers.
- Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu retained the second spot with a score of 74.
- Chandigarh retained the top spot among UTs with a score of 79. Delhi follows it with a score of 68.
- In terms of score improvement, Mizoram, Haryana, and Uttarakhand are the top gainers in 2020-21 who have gained 12, 10, and 8 points, respectively, compared to the index of 2019-2020.
- India’s overall SDG (Sustainable Development Goal) score had increased from 60 in 2019 to 66 in 2020-21.
- This increase is driven by good performance in SDG goal 6 (clean water and sanitation) and SDG goal 7 (affordable and clean energy).
India launched a global initiative, ‘Mission Innovation CleanTech Exchange,’ intending to create a network of incubators in member countries to boost clean energy innovation.
- This legislation is called the “EAGLE Act” and was introduced to benefit Indian IT professionals waiting for a green card for decades.
- EAGLE Act is called as “Equal Access to Green cards for Legal Employment Act.”
- It proposes to phase out the limit of seven percent per country on employment-based immigrant visas.
- It also seeks to raise the seven percent per-country limit to 15 percent on family-sponsored visas.
- Due to the existing cap, a person from a large-population country like India with extraordinary qualifications, who could contribute to the US economy & create jobs, waits behind a person with lesser qualifications from a small country.
- Thus, new legislation will reduce waiting time for Indian professionals.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has developed nano-fiber-based oral tablets of Amphotericin B, called AmB.
- Mission was launched virtually at “Innovating to Net Zero Summit, 2021″ organized by Chile.
- Amphotericin B tablets are nano-fiber-based oral medicine used to treat fungal infections, currently spreading in India post COVID treatment.
- IIT Hyderabad researchers decided to keep this technology free of intellectual property rights and are ready for technology transfer to produce AmB tablets at a mass level.
- This medicine is reportedly cheaper, higher AmB absorption, and less Nephrotoxicity.
- AmB was earlier available in injectable form only.
Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Thaawar Chand Gehlot, will launch the Senior care Ageing Growth Engine or SAGE project on June 4, 2021.
For FREE Chapter Tests and Weekly Mock Test in Hindi and English for SSC CGL and SSC CHSL (Click Here
(SEBI) has increased overseas investment limit for local mutual funds.
- SAGE project will be launched to select, support, and create “one-stop access” to elderly care products and services provided by credible start-ups.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will be the facilitator to enable the elderly to access products through these identified and verified start-ups.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression observed on June 4.Parliament of Denmark has approved plans for an artificial island that will house 35,000 people and help protect Copenhagen’s port from rising sea levels.
- With this, mutual funds can make overseas investments to a maximum of US $ 1 billion per Mutual Fund out of the overall industry limit of US $ 7 billion.
- While in overseas Exchange Traded Fund, mutual funds can invest a maximum of US $ 300 million per Mutual Fund with an industry limit of US $ 1 billion.
Raimona reserve forest in Kokrajhar district has been upgraded to the sixth national park of Assam.
- This giant island called Lynette Holm Island would have an area of 1 sq. mile and would be connected to the mainland through ring roads, tunnels, and metro lines.
- Plans include the construction of a dam system across its perimeter. /li>
- This dam will help in protecting the harbor from rising sea levels and storms.
- This forest comes under Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) across the border with Bhutan.
- Assam has five national parks-
SIDBI, on behalf of the government, invites bids from consultants to help set up a Rs 20,000 crore DFI called National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID).According to the State of India’s Environment Report 2021, India’s rank has dropped by two places to 117 compared to 2020 ranking on 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Kaziranga National Park,
- Manas National Park,
- Nameri National Park,
- Orang National Park, and
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park.
BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) Day is celebrated on June 6.Interpol launches a global database named “I-Familia” to identify missing persons through family DNA.UN celebrates Russian Language Day on June 6.
- SDG goals were adopted as a part of the 2030 agenda by 193 United Nations member states in 2015.
- In 2020, India’s rank was 115 and had dropped by two places because of major challenges about SDG2, SDG 5, and SDG 9.
- India was ranked below four South Asian countries- Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.v
- India attained an overall SDG score of 61.9 out of 100.
- As per the report, Jharkhand & Bihar are least prepared to meet SDGs by 2030.
- Jharkhand lags in five SDGs while Bihar lags on seven factors.
- States and UTs with the best overall score are Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, and Chandigarh.
(Click Here)21. Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, approved the Performance Grading Index (PGI) 2019-20.
To solve engaging puzzles, solve rapid-fire questions, and participate in exciting contests to win cash prizes! And you can do all this for FREE at Exam Lounge
- A personalized path to success.
Sifan Hassan of the Netherlands sets women’s 10,000m world record of 29 min 6.82 sec.Red Bull driver Sergio Perez wins Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku.Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, announced to create 80 acres of ‘Oxi-van’ (a forest) in the Karnal district. It was announced on the occasion of World Environment Day on June 5, 2021. Oxi-van will consist of 10 types of forests.World Ocean Day is observed globally on June 8, 2021, under the theme- ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods.’
- PGI provides grading to States and Union Territories based on 70 parameters to assess and catalyze transformational change in education.
- Five states & union territories, namely Chandigarh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Kerala, attained the highest grade (Grade A++) for 2019-20.
- This year, five states attained a Level II score of 901-950, Grade A or 1++.
- Ladakh was graded for the first time and was placed in Grade VII.
- Meghalaya attained a score of 601-650, which is Grade VI.
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Punjab, and Arunachal Pradesh improved their score by 20%.
- Eleven states or UTs have improved their score by 10% – 20%.
- Ten states, including Karnataka & Delhi, have improved their score by 5% to 10%.
- The day is observed annually on June 8.
- The day provides governments worldwide an opportunity to inform people about the impact of economic activities and human actions on the ocean.
Delhi government launched a vaccination campaign, ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination,’ to vaccinate the people of Delhi against Covid-19.
Start your SSC CGL preparation the right way with these mock tests to strengthen your grasp on the topics.
Income Tax Department is set to launch its new ITR e-filing portal, which taxpayers can access through a website called “www.incometax.gov.in.”
- Under the campaign, people aged 45 and above will be given the vaccine at the polling booths.
Recently, the Group of Seven (G7) advanced economies signed a landmark deal on taxing multinational companies.
- Income Tax Department will launch the ITR e-filing portal to provide a modern, seamless, and more convenient experience to taxpayers.
Russian President Vladimir Putin recently signed a law formalizing Russia’s withdrawal from Open Skies Treaty after the United States withdrew from the pact in 2020.
- As per the deal, the minimum global tax rate would be at least 15 percent.
- The agreement was signed by finance ministers of the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Canada, France, Italy, and Japan.
- It opens the way for levies on multinational companies in countries where they operate rather than just where they are headquartered.
World Bank has approved a USD 500 million programs to boost the MSME sector in India.
- Open Skies Treaty is an international treaty signed in 2002 that allowed nations to collect information on one another’s military forces to increase transparency. v
- Thirty-four countries are party to the treaty at present.
- The United States withdrew from the pact in November 2020 after accusing Russia of violating it.
- World Bank Programme called “USD 500 million Raising and Accelerating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Performance (RAMP) Program” aims to improve the performance of five lakh 50 thousand MSMEs.